Having a development plan for any of your assets is a good way forward. A development plan provides a structured and cost effective approach for completing building work on your building assets. This identifies how much one can do at one time and large building work schemes can be phased over a certain period of time to suit your building needs.
Carter's Building Consultancy will arrange meetings and listen to your building needs and to discuss where you see the company or your home in the next 2-3 years and how you would like it to transform - whether that’s improving the layout of your space, improve health and safety, enhancing your energy efficiency, meeting high demanding regulations or a combination, spaced over a number of years to help keep within your budget.
An example of a building development plan is shown for Agecroft Fire Station (AFS) for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service. Harry completed this at Salford University, however, this was a live client and Manchester Fire and Rescue Service has used these ideas to help improve their building asset. Harry has had vast experience completing development plans for primary and secondary schools.
This building appraisal identified that AFS could improve their building asset by the following:
- Raise the standards of AFS to a grade A standard (as good as new).
- Reduce their utility bills by 50% merging with blue light services together and optimising the asset value at AFS.
- AFS can reduce their energy consumption by 40% – 50% by improving the buildings fabric and implementing renewable and sustainable systems.
- A new layout has enabled AFS to fully utilise rooms and optimise their asset values, this has also enabled to zone areas of the building so systems can easily be controlled and monitored.
- Payback periods within an achievable period.
- A development plan has been produced to plan and priorities the works recommended over a number of years which will make it more financially feasible and able to continue to stay open when works are taking place at AFS.
- This feasibility study can be done to the rest of the 41 fire stations to optimise the asset value over the whole of Grater Manchester and reduce energy bills and improve physical condition, aesthetic impact, sustainability, technical and energy performance for the wider performance of the estate.
Harry has performed this for a number of schools across the country at his previous employers and believes a development plan should be used for any large building asset.
What Are The Advantages Of Having A Development Plan?
- Having a structured approach towards your building asset.
- Prevents having to undo or redo building work which was complete only a short period of time ago.
- Shows direction.
- Proven to be cost effective.
- We take a fresh look at your building assets and provide an innovative solution. If this is the right plan for you and your building assets let CBC take your ideas and start making them a reality.
Take a look for inspiration and don’t forget to get in touch to see how we can tailor your own building development plan.